If you live in Ranch Cordova, chances are you have a big sense of discovery, because the city has so many great outdoor experiences to offer residents. After all, our city motto is “city life reinvented.” With such a vibrant, scenic city, it’s no wonder that many folks like to spend the majority of their time outside, and decks and patio covers are a great way to make the most of your outdoor living.
Many homeowners use the terms “patio cover” and “deck” interchangeably, but there are some major differences between these two. A patio cover refers to an exterior space that is placed directly on the ground, and this area may either be connected to your home, or built in a separate part of your yard. Patio covers generally have concrete bases, although some homeowners choose tile, stone, brick or another material to make the foundation. Typically, patios covers will not have a rail, and they may feature built in fire pits, barbecues and seating, which makes them the ideal place for relaxing and socializing. In contrast, decks can be built near the ground, but they are not placed directly on the ground and have a support system of some kind which holds them up. Typically, they will be constructed of either wood or vinyl, and may be enclosed with a railing. One of the major benefits of adding a patio cover to your home in Rancho Cordova is the return on investment (ROI) it can yield. Renovations that involve an exterior addition to your home can offer a good ROI, and this because most homeowners want to have an outdoor living space of some sort. The average ROI for a new patio cover is up to 60%, while a good deck can only increase your home’s perceived value by up to 10% by expanding your available living space. Another way that patio covers are a better investment than decks is in the maintenance department. Traditionally, a wood structure like a deck can only last about seven-eight years if it is not well cared for. Even with the new all-weather stains and special composites, a deck just can’t beat a quality patio cover, which can last for over 25 years with no maintenance, maintaining its value its entire lifespan.
There are countless benefits to patio covers, from keeping your outside furniture clean and in good shape to providing you with shade from the bright California sun. It’s safe to say that vinyl patio covers are probably your most durable option for an outdoor living space, because they are impervious to pests, pot, mold or other natural elements that can break down stone. You can be assured that your patio cover will outlast any other outdoor living space. Given the way our patios and patio covers are built, they are a dependable solution for heavy applications such as hot tubs or driveways. CW Designs’ Duralum construction materials come in a variety of 8 natural colors. They also feature a DUPONT™ Teflon® surface protector which ensures that your patio will continue to look great year after year with almost no maintenance at all. Here are just a few more of the goodies that having a patio cover can offer you and your Ranch Cordova home:
• Extend your living space - A customized patio cover from Clark Wagaman Designs will expand your outside living space and allow you to spend more quality time in your backyard or garden, no matter the weather.
• Keep you cool - As soon as your patio cover is set up, you will notice a difference of 10 degrees in the temperature. This is particularly important for Ranch Cordova residents in the summer, because we all know how intense the summer sun can be!
• Protect your furniture - A patio cover offers excellent protection from the sun and other environmental concerns like wind and rain, which will keep your furniture and the entire area clean and in good condition.
• Cool the rest of your house - Most homeowners don’t realize that a covered patio can actually keep the interior of your house much cooler by providing shade to the windows.
• Add character and sophistication - Can you say “curb appeal”? As mentioned earlier, a covered patio adds a lot of value to your home, not only by providing character to its appearance, but because it’s a key feature that people look for when they are shopping for their dream home.
• No Maintenance - Another bonus to our patio covers is that they require virtually no maintenance and are easy to keep clean. Duralum has the appearance of real wood, with all the strength of aluminum, and it will look great and will never crack, peel or become discolored as time goes by.
At Clark Wagaman Designs, you will find a myriad of beautiful patio cover options, designs that will truly transform your yard into a gorgeous and valuable extension of your home in Ranch Cordova. For over three decades, the Wagaman family has been building durable, energy efficient and stunning patio covers for the folks in Ranch Cordova and all over the Sacramento area. We can build you a fully covered patio, lattice or combo cover, a deck or other free standing structure. In addition to patio covers, we also build sunrooms, solariums and room enclosures. Come on over to our photo gallery, where you will find designs for a variety of beautiful patio covers. With every patio cover we build, you will have the peace of mind knowing that you are getting the very best service and the best price on a new patio cover for your Rancho Cordova home. With CW Designs, you have many options to choose from. You can choose round or square columns, and construction in either rock, concrete, steel or aluminum. There are also many nice features you can add like ceiling fans, skylights, misters, privacy and shade screens, and even roof insulation. If you would like to create the perfect entertainment area anywhere in your yard, or simply a peaceful retreat to relax, give us a call!
Clark Wagaman Designs
3500 Power Inn Road, Suite C, Sacramento, CA 95826