Sunrooms offer the perfect solution to increase square footage and support a comfortable lifestyle in your El Dorado Hills, CA home. Do you have a place where you can entertain and relax with your family? If your home is too cramped or you don’t have the right area for hosting, then you might consider the benefits of adding a sunroom.
Sunroom Design Tips:
Talk to the experts in the industry, and you will see that there are many options and features that are offered. So, you need to consider the way your family will use the sunroom, then choose the design that will accommodate your needs. Here are a few things to help with your plans:
1. Consider Temperature Controls: Many times, sunrooms are built without air conditioners. But, you have the option to add this feature if you want the room to be comfortable all day. If you aren’t installing AC, then consider adding a ceiling fan. Another option is using the right window design to bring in a cross-breeze when the windows are open.
2. Add Comfortable Seating: Once the room is complete, make sure that you have comfortable furniture to transform it into a functional area. Chairs, couches, and tables can be the perfect way to improve the appearance and function of the sunroom.
3. Shades for Privacy: You will love the sunlight that comes in through the windows throughout the day. But, there are times when you might want to enjoy a little privacy in the room. Invest in good privacy shades that will block the windows when needed. Another advantage of shades is that you can reduce the direct sunlight if it is getting too hot in the summer.
4. Multiple Uses: Do you want to use the room for hosting, but you love the idea of a morning yoga session in the sunroom? Design the layout to accommodate multiple functions, so that you can maximize the benefits of your investment.
5. Storage Areas: If it is a multi-use sunroom, then it can be helpful to have storage areas built into the room. For example, you might have a place to store folding chairs when they aren’t being used. Or, add a few storage containers where the kids can keep their toys.
6. Add Greenery: Even if you don’t have a “green thumb,” you will find that plants often thrive in a sunroom environment. The warm air, sunlight, and enclosed space is perfect for a few potted plants. There are two benefits of live greenery: they bring nature into your home and filter the air at the same time.
You will love the creative process of designing a sunroom in El Dorado Hills, CA. This upgrade will create a sanctuary that you can share with your family and friends. Add a little personality to the room to improve the appearance and function.
Do you need additional tips to plan the perfect sunroom for your home? Clark Wagaman Designs is here to help. Visit us at 3500 Power Inn Rd Ste C Sacramento, CA 95826. Or call: (916) 825-4736.